Counterpace Community Standards
Effective Date: May 15, 2018
Welcome to Counterpace from Pulson, Inc. We want you to understand our expectations regarding your use of the Counterpace guidance system and your behavior while using our website and forums. Being part of our community is a commitment to respect.
Staying safe is more important than being fast.
- Use good judgement and consider the risks of your activities before getting started. Use common sense, stay in control and don’t put yourself in danger.
Maintain proper ergonomics while using Counterpace.
- Counterpace is designed to help you match your pace to your heart rate; this may involve taking longer or shorter strides than you are used to – be careful, and maintain proper ergonomic form! Counterpace provides advice and information on our website and in our app from leading researchers on how to safely change your stride length and frequency, but each human body is different, and it is up to you to evaluate whether a technique is working for you, or if you should seek additional help, or if you should stop using Counterpace entirely.
Don’t get distracted by Counterpace guidance.
- Focus on your surroundings and prioritize your safety. Use Counterpace guidance when it’s safe to do so.
You have a right to keep your life private.
Be kind out there.
- Be courteous to other athletes. Say hello. Offer help. Pass patiently and carefully. We’re all in this together.
Be kind online, too.
- Treat each other with empathy and kindness in our forums. Take care of each other.
Offensive content has no place.
- We rely on our community to help us identify this content. Use our tools to block or flag content that violates our Terms of Service. Consider contacting law enforcement if needed.
Create and post your own content.
- Respect what other creators have made and create your own great content. If you post something that is not yours, know that it may be taken down in addition to other consequences you may face.
(Thank you to Strava for inspiring these standards!)